Required minimum distributions (RMDs) must be taken each year beginning with the year you turn age 72. The RMD for each year is calculated by dividing the IRA account balance as of December 31 of the prior year by the applicable distribution period or life expectancy. This rule does not apply to your Roth IRAs. You can determine your distribution period or life expectancy by using the Tables in Appendix B of Publication 590-B, Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs).
- Table I – for beneficiaries.
- Table II – for owners whose spouse is 10 years younger and the IRA’s sole beneficiary
- Table III – for all other owners (most IRA owners will use this table)
Please complete a Distribution Request, documenting the distribution type, amount, and frequency. Distributions can be sent to you via check, wire or recurring ACH (only available if distribution is recurring at least quarterly).
You provide Madison Trust Company with the following items:
- Distribution Request Form
- Updated third party certified value (such as an appraisal, letter from investment sponsor, or CPA certified valuation)
- Some investments will require additional documents (real estate, notes, etc.)
Madison will send an Assignment of Interest to you documenting the transfer of ownership from your IRA to yourself personally.