Information Center


Roth Conversions

How do I perform a Roth Conversion?

Please complete a Roth Conversion and Recharacterization Request to convert a Traditional, SEP or SIMPLE IRA to a Roth IRA.

This conversion will be reported to the IRS both as a distribution on which you may owe income tax and a conversion contribution to a Roth IRA.

If you are converting asset(s) besides cash, you are required to provide Madison Trust Company with a current certified valuation of the asset(s).

Ready to start investing in your future?

Reach out to our team, and we’ll answer any questions you may have.
Corporate Headquarters:
Madison Trust Company
401 East 8th Street • Suite 200
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
Mailing Address:
Madison Administration Company
One Paragon Drive • Suite 275
Montvale, NJ 07645
Monday - Thursday: 9:00AM - 6:00PM EST
Friday: 10:00AM - 4:00PM EST
Saturday/Sunday: Closed
(800) 721-4900
[email protected]
F: 845-947-1212